Sunday, September 4, 2011

Next time I email you it will be from Argentina

Helloooooo!
I have some exciting news for you all!................I smashed the dips record!!!
Oh and by the way, I got travel plans.
TRAVEL PLANS!!!!!
Here they are:
9/5/11: Leave SLC at1:50 PM
Arrive in Atlanta at 7:40 PM
Leave Atlanta at 8:50 PM
9/6/11: Arrive in Buenos Aires at 8:00 AM
We are flying Delta if you were wondering.
I wish I had a better outline of this, I thought they would email me my flight plans that I could forward to you or something. No such luck. But it's looking like I'll plan on calling you before I leave SLC. I don't think I will have time in Atlanta. We will be leaving the MTC around 10 AM or so, so try to be available between 10:30 and 2 ish I guess! I don't know exactly when. I should call the home phone, right? But....ah! This is so crazy. Except I don't think it has really hit me yet. Just like it never hit me that I was going to the MTC. Not quite sure if it has yet haha. But I am getting more and more excited each day!
Oh, please send me a dearelder right when you get this and confirm stuff and what not. Thanks!
Next....THANK YOU for the packages! I really appreciate it and my zone appreciated the DELISH brownies. I forgot how good those babies are! I will be sending you a package with the straighener. Thanks for noticing that!
Also, thank you to my wonderful friends for the package! It brightened my day immensely :) I loved it all! I wish I could say more thank yous, but I just don't have the time. THANK YOU.
This week has been crazy and great. We had our "baptisms" this week and they turned out so great. We invited another district from our zone and it was a lot of fun. I'm sending you home one of the programs. We were prettttty proud of it.
Yesterday, Hna Shelley and I had a chance to demonstrate "How to begin teaching" to the new missionaries that came in. It was a pretty cool opportunity. We went into a room with about 250 newbies and an "investigator" we had never met and had to meet them, find things out about them, explain why we were there, how the gospel could help them, etc. I was super nervous but it turned out alright! It was weird because we did it all in English, which I am not used to.
So, I have been here eight weeks now and was kind of hoping I would get to hear from an Apostle at a Tuesday Devotional. I mean, all the speakers are fantastic....but you know what I mean. Well guess who came on Tuesday? Elder Holland! It was awesome. He is such a good speaker! He definitely helped me to see the things I need to work on, but he also reassured us that we are in the right place and God and Jesus Christ love us so much. It was good to hear from an Apostle of the Lord. Oh, also he mentioned that a missionary had passed away on Tuesday, but didn't give the details....did you hear anything about that?
BTW, the fire alarm went off again. Someone burnt their toast. We had to stay outside for 30 minutes......at least it was only 10 pm, not 2 am.......
I love you and I am grateful for everyone's continued support! Remember to send letters to my Argentina address from now on (should be on my blog somewhere). Peace out. See you in Arrrrrrrgentina!
Love,
Hna Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment