Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Numero Uno

We have received Rachel's first official e-mail! She is doing very well as you can see. Here it is:

Hola Dearest Familia y Amigos!
How are you all? I am just sitting here in the laundry room on my first (half) P-day. Usually my P days will be on Thursdays just fyi. Well so far the MTC has been fantastico. I have felt very content since I have been here. When all the new missionaries first gathered together, we sang Army of Helaman which is one of my FAV songs! I loved it. My companion is just wonderful. Her name is Hermana Shelley and she is from Mesa, AZ. We work very well together and have not had any problems. She's very determined and we work hard to learn this crazy new language. My district is awesome as well. On the first day of class, our teacher didn't show up because of some miscommunication but I think it actually strengthened us as a district because we had three hours to try to help and teach each other. (We had another teacher come in every once in a while to give us ideas of what to study).
Oh man, yesterday we had to teach our first real lesson---in Spanish--for 30 minutes!! And it was like a pop quiz. We had no idea we were going to do it until we got to class. We had an investigator, Jose Rosales, we had to go meet and teach him the best we could. It was scary and I was sweating like a mad woman....you know me. As awkward as it was, I can see how it will help us to lean Spanish quickly. We will be meeting with him multiple times--our next meeting is on Monday. Ah! Wish us luck. Oh, the best part was at the end of our lesson, Hermana Shelley and I asked if he would read El Libro de Mormon. He replied "por que no" but for some reason, both of us thought he was saying "no"...not "why not?" So we got all sad and just bore our testimony to him again. It wasn't until the end of the lesson that we realized he was saying he would read it. Did that make sense? Anyway, we laughed at ourselves afterward.
Today we learned how to pray and wrote our own prayers. That was pretty cool. It was hard not being able to communicate everything I wanted to, though. I have SOOOOO much to learn and it is very intimidating. But I just gotta keep pluggin along!
If you are wondering about how I like the food, it is good! I don't know why people don't like it. I'm even staying healthy and eating all my fruits and veggies. Heck, I even had a salad for lunch once. Hermana Shelley and I have the same goal not to gain weight. We are so vain. Oh! I have seen Hermana Hunt a few times and a bunch of other random people I know. It's so crazy how it seems like everyone here knows someone or is related to someone you know. It's fun.
Well, I feel like I don't know what else to tell you all. Just know I'm doing great and I'm learning stuff. :)
The church is true. I'm grateful that it brings so much happiness. I can't believe I get to go to Argentina and teach people about it....in Spanish! I'm grateful the Lord trusts me enough to do something so important. Spread HIS word. I am reminded so much that it is not about me. It is about bringing the people we teach unto Jesus Christ, which will bring them so much joy. When I think of that, it gets me so motiviated to learn all that I can and strenthen my testimony so I will be able to teach them to the best of my ability, but most of all, have the spirit work through me to teach what so desperately needs to be taught in this world.
I love you guys! Thanks for the letters, I really appreciate all the support I have had. I hope you had a great family reunion! Tell me all about it mmmk? K. ADIOS!
Herrrrmana Hill (Roll your r's when you say this. Gracias.)

No comments:

Post a Comment