Friday, July 15, 2011

We Eat a Prayer?

Buenas Tardes!

I feel like I have a lot to say and not very long to say it, so we'll see how this goes. First off, to answer some of your questions: Hermana Shelley is serving in the same mission as me. Woo! There are four sisters in our district and all but one are going to Buenos Aires North. The other sister is going to the same place as all of the Elders in my district...Blanco de something.... I read and send emails once a week (Thursdays) but I receive mail everyday. So keep it comin! And mom, my outfits are just fine :)

Today was a wonderful P-day. I wrote lots of letters, took a small nap, went for a run, did laundry. Usually I won't have so much time on P-days but the temple is closed for a couple weeks for cleaning and that's what we usually do in the morning. It's nice to have the extra time but I'm excited for it to open again. If you're wondering what my subject is all about....well let's just say sometimes we struggle with our Spanish. Hermana Binks is the best. Once in her lessons with José, she was trying to say, "can we say a prayer?" but she accidentally said "we eat a prayer?" Another time, he asked her what he should wear to church and she told him to wear his scriptures. And today when Hermana Shelley tried to say "the sun is very hot" she said "my heart is very hot." We are smrt. I´m glad missions can be fun :) Oh and people weren't lying when they said four square is pretty intense. It's my gym activity of choice.

The devotionals and firesides here are really awesome spiritual boosts. On Tuesday, President Richard Winkel (what a sweet last name), and his wife spoke to us about the Atonement. I had been praying that I would be able to learn more about the Atonement so I would be better able to testify to the people I would be teaching. At the beginning of the fireside I have to admit I was a little sleepy and bored, but as I listened, they went into great detail about the Atonement and what Christ went through. I felt so much love for the Savior at that moment. I couldn't believe that He would do so much for us...and for me personally. The things they talked about weren't necessarily things that I had never heard before, but I definitely felt something I had never felt before and was so grateful that Heavenly Father answers prayers.

Another highlight of the week was last night. An Elder from my zone, Elder Cagle (not related to Chris Cagle the country singer, but he has a brother named Chris Cagle...just a fun fact), anyway, he told his conversion story. He is about 24 and has a really cool story about how he joined the church in college and how he was taught by sister missionaries. He has such a strong testimony and he knows that the Lord is there for him. He is from Texas and has a very thick accent so it's been hard for him to learn spanish (picture him saying por que in a Texas accent, it's way funny). But he's not worried at all because he knows he was called to speak Spanish and the Lord will help him.

Missions are great.

I love you all.

Love,

Hermana Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment