Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Asombro me da

Fumeeleeuh y Uhmeegos,

Greetings from Zárate! Thank you for the emails. Mom, I can´t picture
you not being YW Pres haha. You were the perfect lady for the job, and
I know that you will learn a lot from those crazy 9 year olds :)
Kaylee, yes it is summer here and it´s a hot one! When spring starts
to begin for you, it will be fall for us. Wheird. Dad, I feel the need
to tell you that Karl Malone and Brian Russell (is that his name?)
were in my dream the other night. It´s because a member of our ward,
Gonzalo, was telling me how he was a huge Karl Malone fan.
So....yeah.....

What a wonderful weekend it was. Mabel was able to be baptized and is
so happy. And so is her family. It´s amazing to see the happiness the
gospel can bring. Mabel has been investigating for years and years,
but told us she was finally able to open her heart. She has had many
tragedies in her life but she never fully let herself receive the
gospel of Jesus Christ until now. This experience confirms to me that
the spirit is able to bring the message "unto the heart" but it is the
choice of each person to let it enter "into the heart." This time
around, she was able to do just that and I feel so grateful that I was
able to be here when her change of heart took place. Through faith,
repentance, baptism, the gift of the holy ghost, and enduring to the
end, lives are changed. I have been learning more and more about the
Atonement and how the purpose of the Atonement is so that we are able
to be changed. I have been reading a talk called "His Grace is
Sufficient" by Brad Wilcox. Please read it! (And also if someone could
find it in Spanish and email it to me, I would highly appreciate it
:)) Jesus Christ gave us this marvelous gift so we would have
motivation to put our faith in him and let him change us into
something better. We all have weaknesses, temptations, faults, but,
sabe que? They are for our good! We need to know that we have short
comings so we have the need to look for the Lord. Ether 12:27 has come
to be one of my favorite scriptures. There is also a scripture that I
discovered this morning in 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 (I think?). I have a
message that I feel I need to share with you all: Don´t get
discouraged if you mess up. You can come back. It will be hard, and
grueling, and there will probably be some tears, but by overcoming
these obstacles, you will become strong and know how much you need the
Savior in your life.

Asombro me da el amor que me da Jesús.
Confuso estoy por su gracia y por su luz,
y tiemblo al ver que por mí Él Su vida dio;
por mí, tan indigno, Su sangre Él derramó.
Cuán asombroso es que por amarme así muriera Él por me.
Cuán asombroso es lo que dio por me.

The Lord loves each one of you! It hurts Him when we don´t come unto
Him and use His Atonement in our lives. But he will always be there
with waiting for you to come into "the arms of his love."

I love you all!

Hermana Hill

P.S. I would like to hear what you all did with those little BOMs I sent you!


P.P.S. I forgot that I was going to tell you a little bit more about the
baptism. So it all went super smoothly, which is rare because usually
there is a ton of adversity before a baptism. After the baptism,
Hermana Vargas asked me if the font was turned off. I went to check,
and everything appeared to be good to go. The next morning, we were
about to leave to pick up investigators to go to church when we
received a call from the Elders Quorom President. He said that he was
in the church for a meeting and there was water in the chapel :S He
said it was all cleaned up but asked us if we had turned the font off
the night before......oooooops I guess one of the dials wasn´t turned
off all the way and I didn´t realize it. Luckily it was only a small
amount and it didn´t reach the bishop´s office, which has carpet....
There is always something exciting happening here in the mission!


Mabel and her brother, Antonio

La Flia Bua, cutest kids ever

Fishing my casco out of the sanja for the second time! No puedo creerlo.

For our noche de hogar Maxi taught us how to make palomitas.
I'll have to teach you all sometime!

Mi linda companera

No comments:

Post a Comment