Monday, June 4, 2012

¡Tàpese la nariz!

Family,

I love you and thank you for your letters! I love hearing what you´re all up to. Thanks for making me laugh my head off hearing about those crazy kids in your primary class and the photos of Easton. Guess what? This weekend we had the baptism of Mercedes! I feel bad that I never have time to tell you all the details. But let me just say it was amazing. She first heard about the church when she was 18, and now at age 52 she finally made the most important step of her life. She is so happy that she made the decision to be baptized. After the baptism, she shared her testimony saying how we marked a chapter for her to read (3 Nefi 11) and how as she read one verse in particular, she knew that she needed to be baptized. I thought it would have been one of the verses where Christ was teaching the people about baptism, or when the people were able to feel the prints of the nails in his hands and feet, but, no, it was the scripture about how contention comes from the devil. She said all of this time she has been contending within herself and she knows it comes from the adversary. Isn´t it interesting how we can apply the scriptures to our lives and how one scripture can take on a whole different meaning for one person? We love her so much and are so happy for her. Well here´s what´s going to happen. I´m going to send you a whole bunch of pictures okay? Sweet!


Cool paintings

My buddy

Hay que ser fuerte

Mercedes con Elder Bravo (from Chile).  He is the one that interviewed her, and she wanted him to baptize her.  Funny story:  So on Saturday we did a little practice of her baptism with one of the ward members, explaining to her that she needs to bend her knees, lean back, and plug her nose.  But we forgot to refresh her memory on Sunday.  As she was, like, already in the water, Elder B said, plug your nose!  But...it was too late.  After the baptism, we went into the bathroom so she could change and everything, and she was laughing her head off because she hadn't plugged her nose and Elder Bravo told her as she was practically under the water!  Haha.  The most important thing is that she was baptized, and next Sunday she will be confirmed a member of the church :).

She's so cute and little!

Colores

Best picture of the day

Hope you don't mind if I take a few souvenirs home with me...

El estadio!

Some cool guy?

Boca Juniors

Hola muchacho


Some famous soccer player?
And I call myself a boca fan...

Estrellas

Hna Sosa con mas estrellas

Bet dad wants to go play some bball right hrrr

Cool mural

Hna Sosa made gelatina


No comments:

Post a Comment