Wednesday, November 28, 2012

surfin' USA

Querida Familia!

I heard the song surfin USA the other day and almost started doing that dance that we made up when we were little....you know the one...."wearing their baggies....bushy bushy blonde hair-do..." But that´s so beside the point :)

I totally didn´t realize that it´s Thanksgiving this week! Feliz día de acción de gracias! It sounds better in english, doesn´t it? Well I don´t have a lot of time, and I´ll tell you why. Because today is kind of like a super short pday. Because apparently tomorrow the whole country of Argentina is doing...manifestaciónes. Manifestations? I don´t know what it would be in english. But, you know all that political hubub. So we´re not allowed to leave our apartment all day tomorrow. Dang it! Hate to lose a day of work when there is always SO MUCH TO DO in the obra del Señor. But, así es. So today is just internet and compras and back to work! But, hey, in the spirit of Thanksgiving, how about I send you a classic list of things I am grateful for (in no particular order):

-the gospel and everything to do with it
-my family
-the Book of Mormon
-the Bible
-Argentine food
-Argentine ice cream
-Dulce de leche
-Alfajores
-Jugitos
-the ability to exercise (for obvious reasons...see above)
-health
-the sky in Tigre
-rivers
-cute little kids
-el don de lenguas
-my companion, Hna Hualpa, and every companion I have had on the mission.
-the Spirit
-kioscos
-my friends
-those small moments when you know that the person that you are talking to feels the love of Christ
-uplifting music
-seeing people progress
-seeing people happy
-seeing families that love each other
-laughter
-letters
-three straight hours of studies every morning
-knowledge that I have a Savior who loves me and wants to help me and see me succeed and live with Him again
-knowledge that I can live with my family forever and can help others achieve the same
-temples
-hearing people pray for the first time
-the opportunity to repent and be better every day
-ofertas!
-the funny moments when I say things in spanish that don´t make any sense...yeah, still happens :)
-un montón de cosas más....there is just no time.

I am so grateful for all you do for me and for this time I have in the mission! I want to use every single second I have in the way the Lord would have me do. I love you all a ton!!

Hermanita Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment