Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My Soul Delighteth

Hi family!
 
First off, so sorry that I didn´t write until Tuesday. We had interviews with the President that we didn´t know about until after I had written you the week earlier. In the future I´ll try to let you know ahead of time :) Wow, Hannah, you are on fire! Keep it up gurrrl. Did I mention I feel in a sanja? And, dad, the spider was killed....by my loving companion.....Oh and a shout out to Hna Jones: Hi, and do you have the PME DVDs?
 
So our Mission President and Stake President have this awesome goal for our stake: that every person help to baptize someone and reactivate someone in the church. Whoa, do you know how many souls that would bring into the Celestial Kingdom?! Here in the mission we are working on something called "Creecemiento Real" or "Real Growth." There are so many people baptized every month, and still there are few in the chapel every week. But the ones who are enduring to the end are the ones who have support from there family and friends in the church. So I am extending this challenge of our stake all the way over here in Zárate to every one of you! YOU can be the means of bringing someone back to the presence of their Heavenly Father. Not only will they receive blessings in this life, but think about eternity. Wow. It´s a vision that I am just starting to grasp. Will you do it? Lo hará? Something I wish I would have done more before the mission is...missionary work. I´m realizing just how important the members are. So help those missionaries out and spread these good tidings! :)
 
The following is an excerpt from my study journal.
 
Feb. 3, 2012
 
Today I finished reading the Book of Mormon. I´m not sure how many times I have read it cover to cover, but this is the first time I have read it with the English and Spanish version side by side. I started in the MTC and read about one chapter per day. I´m grateful for the things I have been able to learn from this sacred book. I´m grateful for the spirit that it brings and that I can feel the same spirit whether I am reading it in English or Spanish. I am grateful for the desire that it gives me to share this truth with others, to be a missionary of power, to have more faith, hope, and especially-charity, to develop my talents, to really come to know Christ and use His grace to become perfected in Him. When I first started reading the last chapter, there seemed to be a lot of distractions-the fan was rocking back and forth, making a loud noise, Hna Vargas´ speakers fell off her desk, my mind was wandering, the rooster across the street was cock-a-doodle-ing...But when I was really able to pay attention to the words, and thought about how Moroni was writing directly to me on this day, February 12, 2012, it amazed me. I love the promise he makes in verses 3-5. But I also love the shortened, direct version in verse 29: "Y Dios os mostrará que lo que he escrito es verdadero." After reading his final words, I went into the bedroom and prayed. In my prayer, I found myself simply thanking God for this book and the things I have learned and the spirit and comfort and direction I have felt through searching its pages. I asked Him to help me to testify to others with power that this book is true. I felt good. I KNOW THE BOOK OF MORMON IS TRUE! How could it not be? My testimony is strengthened even more by writing it and sharing it. Wow. My Heavenly Father has blessed me so much.
 
Hermana Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment