Thursday, August 2, 2012

El Monte del Señor

Dear Family,

I am just full of joy right now! Yesterday we got a call telling us that we needed to go to the temple today. We had a training meeting with some of the missionaries in our mission and the missions Buenos Aires Sur y Oeste. We have the amazing opportunity to help out with the open house which will be happening in August. I can´t tell you how blessed I feel to be able to be a part of this. The area presidency was there and spoke to us and then we got to take a mini tour of the temple, guided by President Arnold, the area president. I feel like it had been so long since I had entered the temple and it was such a breath of fresh air to be there. Even though they are still doing the finishing touches and it isn´t dedicated yet, it was a huge blessing to at least be able to go inside and remember the experiences that I have had in the temple. Today when we entered the celestial room, none of us said a word. We just stood in there for a few minutes in complete silence, contemplating what the Celestial Kingdom must be like, and feeling very close to it. I won´t forget this day. I love the temple. I know that it is the house of the Lord. I know that if we set our sights on the temple--on eternity--everything makes so much more sense. We have a purpose! Each one of us has a purpose and a potential so great that we can´t even imagine! I want to achieve my potential. Something that I´m realizing is that the way to better ourselves personally is by helping others. By really loving them and seeing their potential and then helping them to achieve it. I know that as we strive to keep the commandments and are worthy to enter the temple and keep the covenants we have made, we will one day return to live with our Heavenly Father; His Son, Jesus Christ; and our families for eternity. It really is amazing! And we really are so blessed to have this knowledge. We need to share it. I can´t let one letter go by without saying THANK YOU for always teaching me the gospel and helping me to understand why it is important. I am eternally grateful. I love you un montonazo.

D&C 109:22

Love, 
Hermana Hill

P.S. This is what our President sent us today:
On Saturday, September 8 you will attend a sacred meeting with these Special Witnesses of the Lord Jesus Christ. As the brethren teach you, you will review your personal service and sacrifices. It will be a moment of deep introspection. 
wow.


La casa del Senor

Las Hermanas

No comments:

Post a Comment